Saturday, 18 August 2007

86. Try a new recipe at least once a month for a year. (1/12)

After a night of indulgence - bottle of wine, garlic bread and peanuts *blushes* (I'm never going to lose that stone if I don't stop these Friday night binges) - I decided that a healthy breakfast was in order. I do try to have something different at the weekend, working days I normally grab a bowl of healthy cereal, it's fast and will keep me going till lunch, but I like a variation at the weekend. I thought I'd look through a veggie recipe book for some ideas and found a recipe for Breakfast Crunch, which I then adapted to suit my store cupboard *lol*
So this is almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts and porridge oats, toasted over a low heat in a dry pan, Once the seeds are toasted, take the pan off the heat and grate orange zest into the pan. Add a teaspoon of honey. In a breakfast bowl, slice a banana and peel the orange and add it too. Spoon some natural bio yoghurt over the fruit and pour the crunch mix over the top. Mmmmm. Yummy. I think I may add some cinammon to the toasting mix next time.
1 down, 11 more to go.

No comments: