Friday, 31 August 2007

59. Visit each family member at least 5 times. (2/15)

I spent last night with Mum making Christmas cards and drinking Black Russian cocktails. Great fun! Gave Mum some card making hints and she's now more confident in how what she's doing. She's sadly an insecure crafter.
These are some of the ones that I made. I've used ivory card stock, white mulberry paper, gold ink and embossing powder and a lovely medallion stamp I have. I was going for a vintage-y classic look here.

I'm no expert, but I think the ones that I made aren't too bad. I just suggested to Mum that she pick two colours and use them for the card and the ink. I also suggested that she maybe get a couple of background stamps and lay some background texture down on the card first. I then stamped and embossed the main image onto paper or card of the same colour and mounted it onto some complimentary or contrasting paper. I really like mulberry paper for this. Sometimes I use coloured pencils to colour the embossed image in. I also scuffed the edges of the card with the ink pad to give it a slightly distressed look. This all helps to frame the image and draw the eye in to the main image. The two colour scheme ties it all together and stops it looking too busy.


Hopefully I'll get all my cards done before the end of September so I achieve that goal too!
I went up to the college this morning to pick up paperwork for the TESOL course I want to do, and as my little Bruv lives really near there I popped in to say 'Hello'. He was pleased to see me as he's supposed to be decorating at the moment and of course he couldn't do that with me there *lol* His bathroom looks like a bomb's hit it, literally. He's gutted it so he can put a new bathroom suite, tiles and rads in. He's just bought Wild Hogs so we're all going round for a viewing with beer 'n' munchies tomorrow night! Bruv also gave me some empty Pringles tubes that he's been collecting for me, so I can have a play with some different shaped soap moulds.

No comments: