M and I decided to go out to dinner last night. There's an American style diner a few miles away and I have only managed in the last few years to get M round to the idea of eating out. This is where I introduced him - they do a good steak dinner (apparently) and I like the chefs salad. M is inherently suspicious of 'restaurants' and the whole concept of 'dressing up' and this is a laid back place where you can wear what you like. M has his exam for his job tomorrow, so this was a kind of good luck dinner. I persuaded him to walk down across the fields rather than take the car. It's about half an hours walk. It just started spitting as we left the house, and we ended up walking down in the pouring rain. He moaned a bit and I kept telling him it would clear up before we came home. It didn't - it got worse. We walked home in a near storm. We had a nice evening though, it was nice to go out - we haven't been able to go out for ages. We had a nice relaxed dinner, wine and a chocolate sundae which we shared together.
1 down, 9 to go.
1 comment:
sounds like you had a good time despite the weather - shame you couldn't have taken Joe and scored 2 for 1 ; )
Post a Comment