Saturday, 23 February 2008

86. Try a new recipe at least once a month for a year. (7/12)

Today I made falafel from scratch. It was yummy and very very easy!
I used soaked chickpeas, 2 tbs wholemeal flour, 1 tsp baking powder, parsley, coriander, 1 tsp cumin, seeded chilli powder (didn't have a fresh one), garlic and salt and pepper. I chopped it all up in the food processor, then formed it into little balls (and a patty, for pitta bread *lol*)

I put them on a baking tray that I had sprayed with oil, them I sprayed them with a little oil and baked them in the oven.

They came out perfectly, and much healthier than fried ones. I'll never eat ready made ones again! Eat with a fresh salad, wholemeal pitta and a little tahini :-)


2 comments:

cmm said...

I have never had these, but this looks like it came out really good. Thanks for sharing.

Samsara said...

Thanks, they were lovely :-)