I spent yesterday experimenting with soldering some microscope slide pendants. I'm making one as a swap gift and wanted to be sure of the technique, so I made one for me first. The full account is in my blog, but here are the pendants I made. I've done some soldering before, but mainly Tiffany style stain glass soldering, or silver soldering with a torch. The soldering iron I used is a bit old and the tip's knackered, so I ended up mainly using the side but I think they turned out pretty well for my first attempt. My other iron is a stained glass iron and is much too powerful. I'm wearing the one I made for me right now :-)
1 comment:
Hey Giny! Thanks for your wishes and your beautiful broach! I will blog abnout pay it forward this week, because as you know I was recently mostly offline! Your broche made my day, you're the best!
Post a Comment